Friday, October 26, 2012

"Welcome to the life of Electra Heart"

I kind of hate how people think just because you love rock/metal music you aren't suppose to really like pop. And I'm not talking about just like it-as you may already know I live and breathe rock/metal music. But I'm not going to say that pop music is not important. I think people tend to think that because some pop artists don't write they're own music, or it doesn't mean anything...but I can truly-in tears-speak about how much, Welsh artist, "Marina and the Diamonds"'s "Electra Heart" album has touched me. Lyrically-its unlike any pop album I have ever heard...the lyrics-the whole idea behind the album...I have gone to bed with the lyrics in my head, bringing tears to my eyes and that is something I normally don't do on anything but rock/metal music. Marina( who's full name is Marina Lambrini Diamandis) has stated that the album was influenced by Marilyn Monroe and Marie Antoinette...and of coarse Madonna-the album centers around characters-"archetypes" that represent different female identity...but to me the album is about following a dream...it's just truly amazing.
My favorite tracks are...
1. State of Dreaming
Marina sings, "I really want is..to be wonderful" the very familiar quote spoken by Marilyn Monroe. The lyrics "My life is a play" can be hinted throughout the album, identifying the different characters.
2. Valley of the Dolls
You'll probably never hear lyrics this dark and meaningful in pop music. Truly touching.
3. Bubblegum Bitch
great beginning to the whole ablum
4. Primadonna
"Living life like I'm in a play.." this character is the one that wants the world.

 Oh dear diary, I met a boy. He made my doll heart, light up with joy. Dear diary, we fell apart. Welcome to the life of, Electra Heart.” 










                                                        Gonna buy the box set too!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment